So. Because i'm not a kid anymore I don't have to switch off holidays between my parents every other year. Which means I see my mom and my dad on thanksgiving and christmas. My mamma and Richard have the tradition of going coming up to Sundance and staying at a family friends cabin every year. We stayed up here for two nights but then I also went and had dinner with Papa and Lora and her side of the family. It was really nice to see everyone. I got to pick apart the brains of all of the RM's in the room. While at the cabin though it was hard not to miss Michael. I'm so proud of him & cant wait to be out there serving a mission with him.
So anyway, after having brunch with my mamma on Thanksgiving at the cabin I was driving through the canyon alone and thinking about how nice it would be to be doing all of this with someone. Not just someone, but him. My whole life it's been me going back and forth from my moms to my dads. And as I was driving through the canyon yesterday listening to Keith Urban I couldn't help but think how nice it'll be to finally be with him. That one person who will always be with you. Your best friend. Always there to have your back and keep you company. To look up the directions on the map while you drive. To hold your hand as you walk into a crowded room together. Now don't get me wrong-- I love that I am doing this all by myself right now. I love that I'm okay with being alone and doing it on my own. I love the phase of life I am in right now. I'm just really looking forward to being with that someone who is unlike anyone else.
oh and a late HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you.
i am thankful for my split family. my true friends. my family away from home, in rexburg. my dads house. my moms house. all of the crummy apartments i have lived in. the roommates i have had. my education. my freedoms. byu-idaho. this beautiful world we live in. my good health. books, music, blogs, infinity scarves, victoria's secret, travel, target, coconut oil, thai food, ice cream, kind strangers, hot showers, horses, dogs, birds, country music, pictures, cameras, ziplines, swimming, cabins, smelling like campfire, nertz, settlers of zarahelma, alone time, down comforters, rainy days, trains, new beginnings, fresh starts, and having something to look forward to. i am grateful for those few people in my life that i feel at home with, no matter where i am. i am grateful for love, for laughter, for tears, and for hugs. for big dreams and hardships. most of all, i am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the opportunity i have to live and serve him.
some good advice i have received about preparing to serve a mission: listen to as much music as you can & make time to be alone.
xoxooox
No comments:
Post a Comment