Wednesday, March 23, 2011

soo.. here I am blogging.....

why would someone call talking about yourself,  your life and your feelings blogging?

anyways folks (not quite sure who I am suppose to be addressing this to).. I don't exactly know what I'm doing, but here I am, and I am going to blog. Awesome..

do i just start to talk about myself? introduce myself to cyperspace? I'm most likely over- analyzing this whole deal, like I do with just about everything else but whatevs. why is the idea of splattering your inner thoughts and feelings all over the internet  for who-knows-who to critic and judge so appealing? ......Excuse the melodramatic exaggeration.

I am a very introverted person so this is not something I'm exactly use to doing.
alrighty then here goes nothing.

I LOVE funny people. but don't try too hard. sorry sugar. but... that's not funny.

I love bookstores and libraries. If I'm ditching school... That's where you'll find me.

I'm not a big deal. at all. In my spare time I like to ride bikes, watch movies, sit in cemeteries and write in my journal. I'm going to travel the world.

I love people who are nice to others, I have never been one to say things like "all you people think you know me, well you don't."

I love surprises. Not the anticipated one's, like Christmas presents, but the surprises that actually surprise you. The ones you don't know about or see coming.

I take fortune cookies way way too seriously. IF I believed in reincarnation, I definitely would have been a bird in another life.

Red is without a doubt the greatest color. My favorite color.

I like people who are excitable. I think it's endearing when people cry when they're happy. I'm pretty excitable. In life and love you learn there comes a time to let go and move on. It's a lesson I've learned recently.

I wear too many rings and I cant concentrate on the conversation if the TV's on. I'm independent. I believe in independence-- not to the extent of being cold though.

I love cowboys. I want to live on a Christmas tree farm. Seriously. That'd be rad. I'm fascinated by black and white pictures, I have them hung up everywhere. I love pictures in general.

I like people who can be sarcastic and laugh about tense situation.

I am proud of my Scottish heritage and love going to the Scottish games my papa competes in :)

I don't like making decisions. So right now I have about 5 different shades of red for my room.

There is nothing hotter than a boy who can play baseball and the guitar.

I love my church. Its what my whole life and all of my thoughts are centered around.

I'm probably the only person in the world who doesn't like gum or mint...Ew.  I love animals!

I will never straighten my hair to impress a guy ever again. I think little kids are awesome. I can't whistle. I wish I could.....sigh...

I want a freaking pilots license. I'm a thinker and an over- analyzer. I'm not jaded.

I can't stand it when someone is mad at me. I cant hold onto anger. Forgiveness comes easy for me when someone is repentant (knock on wood?) I'm just trying to master the forgiving when someone isn't. I'm a people pleaser. I've been told it's my greatest weakness but also my greatest strength..?

But honestley, if you have a problem with me, come talk to me. I am all for talking it out and fixing the problem. I hate ignoring the big fat giant elephant in the room. I really believe if you could get two people into a room willing to be completley honest with each other, it might get ugly, but eventually the dust has to settle. Am I contradicting myself? Hopefully not.

I hate time. I am almost always late.. I really don't mean to be. I don't like time in the deeper sense though...I hate that things are limited because of time. it holds us back.. maybe that's just me being pessimistic.

I don't believe in pressuring guilting or shaming people. All it does is push them away.

I'm freakishly OCD about weird things. I count things. I count license plates, words, road signs, steps, you name it, I count it in the back of my mind... Even while were having a conversation. I love people who give meaningful compliments. Once I was told by someone I had barely known " You are a really special person. I can feel it." I'm not dramatic, I'm passionate.. about a few things. OOOooo sounds mysterious and complicated, right? Well I'm not either of those things so...

I'm impressed with people who can keep their cool when being antagonized or made fun of, and do something like pay them with a compliment. I love homes with "open door policies."

I think I'm secretly Italian. I'm obsessed with the culture, the food and the idea of going there someday.

OH I wish I was somehow connected to the Mafia. My great Uncle is in the Mafia, NBD. Talk about bad A. Psh.... I wish that was true.

I love driving with no place to go... and music boxes and snow globes. I love running as fast as you possibly can and laughing till you literally aren't breathing anymore.

Lake Powell stars and aspen tress are some of my favorite things.

I love CARBS. I used to live out of a suitcase. I'm a Mormon.

2 comments:

  1. So here I am... reading your blog. It makes me happy and it makes me sad. There is so much in here that reminds me of myself, so much that I don't know about you, so much that just blows me away. I wanted to comment on every one. But I settled on the first.
    I love you more than you know!
    I'm gonna love reading this blog. You are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Racheeeee! I couldn't be happier to see you blogging! I just skipped down to your first post and I'm going to work my way up.

    I have loved you from the moment you were born, making me an aunt. We were so close when you were little and I have hated that life circumstances haven't allowed us to know each other better. I'm so excited to know your mind and your heart, to love you better as you grow to be the beautiful woman God intends you to be.

    So, Lily hates gum, too! She freaks out anytime Mack or Amelia ask for gum and whines for them to get away from her.

    I love CARBS, too! Cutting back on carbs is the worst thing about counting calories. When you were little and I was living with you and your Dad we made cookies several times a week. That's how I got dubbed "The Treat Queen". Can a get a brownie?

    ReplyDelete